Friday, April 17, 2009

Picasso and me!






Today I , Morpheus, learned abut Modern Art. My, my, my, I never knew it could be so interesting!? We were learning about making a style of art called Picassoism. That is putting the profile view and the front view of a person into one face. Picasso drew some very weird funny pictures.
I also learned how to compare different art styles. We looked at pictures by Leonardo da Vinci, Cezanne, Klee, Braque, and Pablo Picasso. Those artists have very different styles and use a variety of shades of colors.

Paul Klee wanted to draw shapes and bright colors. Leonardo da Vinci painted the "Mona Lisa" and "The Last Supper". Leonardo used dark colors in his paintings.
Cubism is a style of art that looks pointy, with blocks, squares, and triangles.

No comments: