Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Smartboards at Mechanicsburg

Today I visited a Wilkes University graduate class that meets at Mechanicsburg Middle School. The course is full of current teachers who are learning new ways to integrate technology into the classroom. I had a lot of fun!
I got the chance to practice using a smartboard today! The smartboard shows everything that is happening on a computer screen, just like a projector would. Smartboards are special because you can interact with them just like you would on the computer. If I wanted to scroll down on the screen, all I had to do was push the sidebar on the smartboard- I didn't need to use the computer at all! I also learned that I could use special pens on the smartboard, just like you would on a blackoard. These pens come in four different colors and are a lot of fun to use! I drew lots of pictures! I can't wait to use one again!

No comments: