Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Morpheus Arrives at Dunbar Township



Wow, I finally arrived at Dunbar Township Elementary School. It is the largest of the eight elementary schools in Connellsville. Today was Parent Conference Day and there were no students. I went home with Mrs. Michael who is the computer lab teacher. It was Election Day so we stopped to vote on the way to her house. It was very exciting because I had never voted for a President before. Everyone at the polls was nice to us, but they wouldn’t let us take any pictures. When we got to Mrs. Michael’s house her golden retriever, Annie, met us at the door. She was really excited to see me and kept sniffing and licking me. I thought she was cute too.

The next day I met Mrs. Michael’s fourth grade computer lab students. They took me geocaching for their lab activity. It was a lot of fun finding the hidden container called a geocache. In the container was a writing assignment and treats for everyone. We used a hand held GPS unit and typed in longitude and latitude coordinates to find exactly where Mrs. Michael hid the cache. Then we followed the compass on the unit to find exactly where the cache was hidden. The students had to write where they would take me if I got to go home with them tonight. You’ll get to read some of them later. Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunt that is sooooo much FUN!

At the end of the day I got to meet the K-Kids. They are one of the Kindergarten classes at Dunbar Township. I can’t wait until tomorrow to see what fun things the K-Kids and I will be doing.

No comments: