Monday, November 5, 2007

Arrival in Warren

I have safely arrived in Warren, PA at Warren Area Elementary Center on November 1st, the day after Halloween. So far I have been terrified by the people from the Erie Pennsylvania Historical Society who welcomed me by telling ghost stories while I was here. I took a trip to Erie Thursday evening with Mrs. Farrell and saw Penn State Beherend and ate dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Farrell at the Outback Steakhouse. That steak sure looked yummy, even thought it's not my part of the food chain. Friday I enjoyed a respect presentation that the fifth graders attended thanks to the Ophelia project. I also attended saxophone lessons with Mr. Lyle, the band director at both the high school and elementary schools. To end my day Friday I enjoyed an egg drop where the teachers all had made something to protect there egg from a high drop. Mrs. Farrell's broke as did many others but the school raised money for the local humane society through this event. I went home with Mrs. Farrell for the weekend and played with her children and her daughter's class mascot Cutie Bear. It has been a whirl wind of action.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I heard about the egg drop from my daughter. She also has Mr. Lyle for violin lessons. How long are you staying here?