Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Surprise! It's Morpheus!

Today during morning work we did another tricky daily edit. In math, we learned what to do with remainders in division number stories. I never knew there was so much to think about when it came to word problems! It was raining today, so we played checkers during indoor recess. In reading class, we read another funny chapter of The Watsons Go To Birmingham. During independent reading, I got to read a book about turtles! How perfect for me! In science, the kids and I learned how to use a compound microscope and we took a careful look deep into an onion. When I looked really carefully, I could see the onion's cells! Wow!

Your favorite bog turtle,
Morpheus Fortuna

P.S. Pop over to the Fifth Grade Fever podcast and listen to me try some of this week's spelling words!

No comments: