Friday, April 18, 2008

Goodbye to Bower Hill!

This morning I was on TV! Two boys from Mrs. Wardzinski's class gave a special report about me on their BeeTV. I felt famous! Then, back in the class, I played reading games on a laptop with one of the boys. Then, a speaker came in to teach us about the Mt. St. Helens eruption in 1980. I learned how 1,300 feet of the volcano disappeared! I also got to touch some of the ash and some of the rocks from Mt. St. Helens. She showed us pictures of the eruption. It was so cool! Then, we had reading stations with Miss Armstrong again. Today I went to the station called book club. We read an article about volcanoes. It was fun! After that, I read chapter 4 in Volcano Disaster. It is one of my favorite books! Today's chapter was really exciting because Warren accidentally transported himself to Mt. St. Helens right before it was going to erupt!

In Math I learned about how to change centimeters to meters. Then, I went to lunch. I thought the food looked delicious! I wish I could have more time at Bower Hill. At recess today I played basketball and tag. It was so much fun! When we got back to the room, the class brought out handheld computers! I learned how to write on them with grafitti and even played a game called giraffe to practice. The kids were all writing poems about me on the handhelds. Some of them were so funny! Then we went to music and I got to play a song to practice for the solar system play. Finally, at the end of the day, I played with all of the kids outside for an extra recess. Then, I had to say goodbye to Bower Hill since I need to be on my way to St. Joseph's School. I will miss my third grade friends, but I am excited for a new adventure!

No comments: